Welcome Back to Longway Planetarium!
Behind our masks, we are smiling from ear to ear as we welcome our community back to Longway Planetarium!
Online ticket reservation helps us provide touchless entry; therefore, online transaction fees are waived. You can still pay with cash at the door, but please note that capacity is limited to ensure social distancing and shows may sell out. You can also call 810-237-3400 to reserve tickets over the phone.
Seniors 60+: $5
Children ages 2-11: $5
Children under 2: Free
All Longway Planetarium shows are 50% off for Genesee County residents
When you arrive, please present your driver’s license or ID with your address on it to confirm your residency. Longway Planetarium shows are funded in part by the Genesee County Arts Education and Cultural Enrichment Millage. Your tax dollars are at work.
All Longway Planetarium shows are free for members
Please login to reserve your member tickets. Member discounts are automatically applied at checkout. When you arrive, please present your membership card and driver's license or ID to confirm your membership level.
Please present proof of status to receive a discount, i.e. member card, veteran ID, active military ID, or staff ID.
Flint Children’s Museum members: $1 off per ticket
Impression 5 and Ann Arbor Hands-On members: 50% off
Veterans, active military families, and teachers: Free
Longway Planetarium Showtimes
Capacity is limited to ensure social distancing. Each show lasts 45 minutes. We will close for 45 minutes of cleaning after each show. Click here to learn more about these safety precautions.
Sat. & Sun.: 12:00 and 1:30 PM
Wed./Thurs./Fri./Sat./Sun.: 3:00 and 4:30 PM
Thurs./Fri./Sat.: 6:00 and 7:30 PM
Doors open for ticket sales at 11:30 AM
4:30 PM Wed.-Sun. & 1:30 PM Sat. & Sun.
Turtle Odyssey explores the unique lifecycle of an Australian green sea turtle named Bunji and her incredible journey across the open ocean. Great for adults and kids ages 6 and older.
Moles: What Is Out There?
12:00 PM Sat. & Sun.
In this astronomy show for young children, a little mole named Plato discovers day and night, the Sun and Moon, and the stars! Great for children up to 6 years old.
Skies Over Michigan
3:00 PM Wed.-Sun.
Longway Planetarium’s astronomy experts take you on a tour of the night sky over Michigan in this live planetarium lecture. Recommended for ages 10 and older.
Oceans: Our Blue Planet
6:00 PM Thurs./Fri./Sat.
From the coastal shallows to deeper, more mysterious worlds, discover untold stories of the oceans' most astonishing creatures. Great for ages 6 and older.
The Queen Light Show
7:30 PM Thurs./Fri./Sat.
Experience 10 of Queen’s greatest hits, including favorites like "Bohemian Rhapsody," "Another One Bites The Dust," and "You’re My Best Friend." Great for ages 12 and older.
10:30 AM Every Second Saturday of the Month
During sensory-friendly shows, we turn the lights up and turn the sound down to provide a safe, welcoming environment for our friends with special needs.
Virtual Mix & Mingle Under the Stars
WEDNESDAY, MAY 26, 7:00-8:00 PM
Enjoy a virtual event experience along with an online silent auction. All proceeds from this event will benefit Sloan Museum and Longway Planetarium’s Summer Camps, programs, and operations.
Virtual Trivia Night
6:00 PM Every Second Saturday of the Month
Have fun with friends across town or across the country while social distancing! Team up and compete against the other challengers in six common categories, including science, history, geography, literature, pop culture, and more. Recommended for ages 13 and older.
Donations help us present engaging experiences with science and history to our community.
We have been working hard to prepare the planetarium for your arrival and we can assure you that you will have a safe and fun experience when you visit. However, it will feel different from your past visits. We are not “going back to normal,” but are adapting with science-driven practices that will help keep our community safe. Click here to learn more about these safety precautions.
Following CDC, state and local authorities’ guidelines, these are some of the changes you can expect:
1. Mask wearing is strongly encouraged for all visitors who have not yet been fully vaccinated.
2. Buy tickets in advance. Tickets are on sale now! Limited tickets are available per showtime to ensure social distancing in the planetarium theater. Online ticket reservation helps us provide touchless entry; therefore, online transaction fees are waived. You can still pay with cash in person, but ticket times may sell out.
3. Stay safe. Hand sanitizer will be available upon entry and throughout the space. When you arrive, please be ready to present your receipt on your mobile device or print your ticket. Staff will request your email address for contact tracing purposes. If you are not feeling well, please stay home and visit us when you’re feeling better.
4. Our robust cleaning practices have leveled up! Longway Planetarium will be disinfected after each show. At Longway Planetarium, we are installing a UV filtration in our HVAC systems and adding filtration to the Mars room and back offices.
5. Gift shop. The gift shop is open Wednesday through Sunday. Take science and history home with you with learning toys and memorabilia from our gift shops.
6. Virtual learning continues. If you are not ready to return to the planetarium yet, we completely understand and look forward to welcoming you when you feel comfortable returning. In the meantime, join us for First Fridays and Second Saturday Trivia Nights on Facebook Live.
We inspire our community by providing educational experiences in science and regional history through artifacts, outreach, exhibits, and programs. Sloan Museum and Longway Planetarium are funded in part by the Genesee County Arts Education and Cultural Enrichment Millage funds. Your tax dollars are at work.