Date: Sunday, September 20, 2020
Event Time: 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
Vehicle Registration: 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
Location: Flint Cultural Center
Sponsored by: Friends of Sloan*Longway, Roaring 20’s Ice Cream Parlor, and Hot Dog Heaven
This very special event is exclusively for original or authentically restored vehicles produced in 1970 or earlier. No visual modifications are allowed. The show is free and open to the public to walk among the vehicles. This event is non-competitive, so there will be no judging; just a relaxing day with friends and fellow car enthusiasts who love well-preserved and restored automobiles.
• The first 175 vehicles receive dash plaques.
• Driver and one passenger will receive free admission to Flint Institute of Arts.
• Drawings every hour for two free hot dogs and an ice cream cone.
• Suitcase Swap Meet: Vehicle owners can sell or trade item(s) small enough to fit into a suitcase next to their vehicle.
• Vehicle Owner’s Choice Award: Vehicle owners can vote for the award winner.
• Youngest Registrant Award: Given to the youngest registrant, this award inspires younger generations to keep our golden memories alive.
• Special recognition for cars 50, 75, & 100 years-old with a pass-in review.
• Next year’s dash plaque winner is selected through a lottery-style drawing.
Some adjustments have been made to the show’s layout due to construction at Sloan Museum in the Flint Cultural Center. Trailer parking will be the same, and the show will continue to be the same, laid-back, DJ-free event that you love. Thank you for your suggestions for ways to improve the show.
Congratulations to our 2019 dash plaque featured vehicle: 1929 Ford Model A owned by Leroy & Phyllis Truman.
For more information, contact Sloan Museum at 810-237-3450 or Devin Shaw at 810-577-6926, or send an email.