Essential workers continue to play a vital role in helping our community through the pandemic. At Longway Planetarium, we want to express our gratitude by giving away a wedding ceremony to one essential worker in Genesee County and their partner. Together with other local businesses, we’ve assembled an out-of-this-world wedding package valued at $10,000.
How To Win
Fill out the entry form, including the essential worker’s role, along with a photo and short bio of the couple. The form is open now through August 4 at 10:00 PM EST. Nominees must be residents of Genesee County, Michigan. On August 5, we’ll post a photo album of the eligible couples on the Longway Planetarium Facebook page, and the public will be able to vote through Facebook reactions. Each like, love, or other reaction counts as one vote. Voting will end and totals will be recorded August 18 at 4:00 PM EST. We’ll notify the winner and announce the lucky couple on August 19.
Who Is An Essential Worker?
Essential Worker status for the purpose of the Wedding Giveaway is defined in Michigan Executive Order 2020-21 as the following: Health care and public health; law enforcement, public safety, and first responders; food and agriculture; energy; water and wastewater; transportation and logistics; public works; communications and information technology, including news media; other community-based government operations and essential functions; critical manufacturing; hazardous materials; financial services; chemical supply chains and safety; defense industrial base; child care workers serving the children or dependents of critical infrastructure workers; workers at designated suppliers and distribution centers; workers in the insurance industry; workers and volunteers for businesses or operations (including both and religious and secular nonprofit organizations) that provide food, shelter, and other necessities of life for economically disadvantaged or otherwise needy individuals, individuals who need assistance as a result of this emergency, and people with disabilities; and workers who perform critical labor union functions.
Wedding Package Details
The wedding package includes the following services:
• Wedding ceremony package for a maximum of 130 guests at Longway Planetarium. Guest count is subject to any applicable social distancing guidelines. Valued at $750.00
• Wedding reception hosted through the Flint Institute of Arts in Isabel Hall for 4 hours for up to 150 guests. The winner is responsible for set-up costs, bar services, staffing, and other add-ons. Valued at $2,400.00.
• Music and DJ services through Black Tie Productions. Valued at $1,400.00.
• Discounted photo package through Centennial Image Photography. Valued at $500.00.
• Gift certificate for flowers through Vogt's Flowers. Valued at $200.00.
• Gift certificate for Expressions in Silk Bridal Shop. Valued at $200.00.
• Bouquets for the bride and bridal party provided by Always Elegant Events. Valued at $ 100.00.
• Two-tiered wedding cake provided by Bella Birches. Valued at $300.00.
• Bridal Table Center Piece provided by All Together Event Planning. Valued at $50.00.
• Free car rental through Al Serra Auto Plaza. Valued at $500.00.
• Gift certificate for Pineapple Beach Resort. The winner is responsible for airfare and resort fees. Valued at $2,100.00.
• Discounted service of 50% at Harvest Moon Salon. Valued at $90.00.
• Officiant Services offered by Reverend Patti Ruhala of American Marriage Ministries. Valued at $100.00.
• Share-A-Pass Membership to Sloan Museum and Longway Planetarium. Valued at $40.00.
• Beauty products from Boston Bubble’s Company. Valued at $32.00.
• Discounted Linen Package from Special Occasions. Includes in-stock table linens, runners, napkins, chair covers, and sashes. Delivery fees are the winner's responsibility. Valued at $1,300.00.
Gratuity and taxes are not included with any prize element and are the responsibility of the prize winner. All State, Local, Federal, and other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize/prizes valued at over $600 will be issued an IRS form 1099 to report their winnings.