Behind our masks, we are smiling from ear to ear as we welcome our community back to Sloan Museum at Courtland Center and Longway Planetarium.
Thank you to all of our members who have renewed or joined for the first time during the pandemic. We are so grateful for your support in this uncertain time.
Capacity is limited to ensure social distancing. Advance ticket purchase is strongly recommended, as times frequently sell out.
Sloan Museum at Courtland Center Ticket Times
Wed./Thurs./Fri./Sat./Sun.: 12:00-2:00 and 3:00-5:00 PM
Saturday: 9:00-11:00 AM
We will close for an hour of cleaning in between each ticket time.
Longway Planetarium Showtimes
Sat. & Sun.: 12:00 and 1:30 PM
Wed./Thurs./Fri./Sat./Sun.: 3:00 and 4:30 PM
Thurs./Fri./Sat.: 6:00 and 7:30 PM
Each show lasts 45 minutes. We will close for 45 minutes of cleaning after each show.
We have been working hard to prepare the museum and planetarium for your arrival and we can assure you that you will have a safe and fun experience when you visit. However, it will feel different from your past visits. We are not “going back to normal,” but are adapting with science-driven practices that will help keep our community safe.
Following CDC, state and local authorities’ guidelines, these are some of the changes you can expect:
1. Mask wearing is strongly encouraged for all visitors who have not yet been fully vaccinated.
2. Buy tickets in advance. Tickets are on sale now! Timed entry tickets for a two-hour visit to Sloan Museum ensure social distancing at limited capacity. Limited tickets are available per showtime to ensure social distancing in the planetarium theater. Online ticket reservation helps us provide touchless entry; therefore, online transaction fees are waived. You can still pay with cash in person, but ticket times may sell out.
3. Play safe. Hand sanitizer will be available upon entry and throughout the space. When you arrive, please be ready to present your receipt on your mobile device or print your ticket. Staff will request your email address for contact tracing purposes. If you are not feeling well, please stay home and visit us when you’re feeling better.
4. Our robust cleaning practices have leveled up! We will close for an hour between ticket times at Sloan Museum so our cleaning crew can disinfect surfaces, hands-on components, and “high touch” areas, especially in the exhibits. Longway Planetarium will be disinfected between shows. At Longway Planetarium, we are installing a UV filtration in our HVAC systems and adding filtration to the Mars room and back offices. Sloan Museum at Courtland is upgrading HVAC to MERV 10 Filters.
5. Gift shop. The gift shops are open Wednesday through Sunday. Take science and history home with you with learning toys and memorabilia from our gift shops.
6. Virtual learning continues. If you are not ready to return to the planetarium yet, we completely understand and look forward to welcoming you when you feel comfortable returning. In the meantime, join us for First Fridays and Second Saturday Trivia Nights on Facebook Live.
Stay connected with our virtual events and resources, including Daily Dose of Science videos. Discover fun science activities you can do with common household items, and find out which stars, planets, and other astronomical objects you can find in the night sky. Be sure to visit Sloan Museum and Longway Planetarium on Facebook for updates.
For our first quick experiment about preventing the spread of germs, you'll need a bowl, water, pepper, and soap. Watch new videos every day.
We encourage you to use reliable sources of public health information to find out how you can protect yourself and prevent the spread of Coronavirus. We recommend the following resources:
• How to Talk to Your Kids About Coronavirus from Deborah Farmer Kris/PBS.