Be a Part of the Discovery!
• Reimagined Flint history galleries will present inclusive stories, designed with the flexibility to frequently change displays.
• Hands-on science Discovery Hall will engage visitors in earth and physical science exploration, featuring the multi-story Spaceship Earth exhibit, a Maker Space, water tables, and much more.
• Vehicle City Gallery will present rotating exhibits about the history and future of the automobile inside Sloan Museum—formerly off-site at Buick Gallery.
• Early Childhood Gallery will prepare kids for Kindergarten through play-centric exploration.
• Three new Learning Labs will increase field trip capacity from 60,000 to 90,000 students per year.
• Two highly visible, fully accessible entrances and a café will welcome you into a new world-class museum, right in your hometown.
For more information about the project, view the complete Sloan Museum of Discovery Master Plan.
**We are so thankful for the excitement and support our community has given us! Starting on April 1, 2022, through May 1, 2022, all funds raised through the Patronicity campaign will be generously matched dollar-for-dollar up to $20,000 by long time supporters, Larry and Joyce Schramm. We want to thank the Schramm's and everyone who has come together to help keep the momentum going!**Donate to Sloan Via Patronicity
Donor gifts of $150 to $400 will be recognized on the bricks outside the new Sloan Museum of Discovery. Each line of the message on your brick includes up to 16 characters, including spaces and punctuation. You be contacted requesting the details of your brick message. Sloan Museum of Discovery reserves the right to review and reject any submission.
4"x8" brick - $150
3-line message maximum.
8"x8" brick - $300
6-line message maximum.
12"x12" brick - $400
10-line message maximum. Organization logos are an additional $20. Also includes a Friends of Sloan*Longway one year membership.
Download Brick Order Form or click the button to order online:
When you think of Sloan Museum, you think of exciting, interactive learning experiences. Good times shared with family and friends. Pride in your community’s history. And fun with science.
Maybe you grew up visiting Sloan Museum. Maybe it’s your go-to spot for fun with friends, or quiet reflection in the history galleries. Maybe it’s your favorite local place to bring the kids in your life.
For over 50 years, Sloan Museum has delivered fun, educational experiences and enhanced the quality of life in our community.
Now, we’re asking you to help Sloan Museum grow and reach its full potential.
We envision a bold transformation of this timeworn community space into the world-class, fully interactive Sloan Museum of Discovery.
To bring Sloan Museum of Discovery to life, we need your support. Genesee County Arts & Culture Millage funds cannot be used for capital improvement projects like this one.
Sloan Museum’s renovation and expansion is a $30 million project. Over 90% of this goal has been raised through donations from private foundations, corporations, and individuals.
Now, you have a chance to help close the gap!